By Barry J. Ewell
The following are examples of how to cite published resources.
- Author: Michael E. Pollock
- Title: Bonds of Henrico County, Virginia, 1782-1853
- Publication Facts (place of publication, name of publisher, year): Baltimore Maryland, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1984
- Page Number: 133
- Formatted: Michael E. Pollock, Marriage Bonds of Henrico County, Virginia, 1782-1853, (Baltimore Maryland, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc, 1984) p. 133.
- Author: E.E. Patton
- Title of the Article: The Influence of the Huguenots
- Name of Periodical: The Huguenot
- Publication Facts (place of publication, name of publisher): Vallejo, California, The Huguenot Society
- Volume: 10
- Month/Season and Year: 1939-41
- Page Numbers: 39-45
- Formatted: E.E. Patton, “The Influence of the Huguenots.” The Huguenot (Vallejo, California, The Huguenot Society), Vol. 10 (1939-41), pp. 39-45.
- Title of Article: Maude Jolley Services
- Place of Publication: Provo, Utah
- Name of Newspaper: Provo Daily Herald
- Date of Publication: 12 January 1929
- Page Number: 1
- Column Number: 2
- Formatted: Maude Jolley Services, Provo, Utah, Provo Daily Herald, 12 January 1929, p. 1, column 2.
- Tips for documenting your sources
- Cite and verify every source
- Verifying online resources
- Citing online sources