Cook artichoke until tender; drain and cut into eighths; dip in the batter; fry until golden brown in hot fat. Serve with cheese Sauce.
Break in a bowl
- One egg,
- Two tablespoons of water,
- Beat to mix. Add
- Seven level tablespoons of flour,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- One-quarter teaspoon of pepper,
- One teaspoon of vinegar,
- One teaspoon of grated onion.
Beat well to mix; now dip artichoke in flour; then shake to loosen excess flour. Now dip in batter; fry golden brown.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss