Select firm tomatoes and cut a slice from the tops and scoop out the centres with a spoon. Now grease custard cups and place the tomatoes in the cups. Now shred very fine one ounce of dried beef. Divide into the four tomatoes. Break in a mixing bowl
- Two eggs.
- Then add
- Three-quarters cup of milk,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of paprika,
- One teaspoon of grated onion,
- Two teaspoons of finely minced parsley.
Beat to mix and then chop fine the pulp from the tomatoes. Place one teaspoon of this pulp in each tomato.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss