Use the broken and coarse pieces of meat from the ROAST LAMB. Chop fine and then place in a Saucepan and add just sufficient water to barely cover. Now add
- One onion, minced fine,
- One green pepper, minced fine,
- Four branches of parsley.
Cook slowly until the meat is very tender. Now thicken the gravy, using cornstarch, and season with
- One teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce,
- Four tablespoons of catsup,
- Two teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One-half teaspoon of curry powder.
Make a border of cooked rice on a hot platter. Lift the curry into the centre of platter and garnish with one hard-boiled egg, chopped fine.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss