Place in a mixing bowl:
- One cup of flour,
- One and one-half cups of fine bread crumbs,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- One tablespoon of baking powder,
- One egg,
- One and one-half cups of water,
- Two cups of well-cleaned blackberries,
- One-quarter teaspoon of nutmeg.
Beat to mix and then pour into a PUDDING dish and bake forty-five minutes in a slow oven. Serve with sweet spiced blackberry Sauce.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss