- Place in a bowl
- Two cups of Bread crumbs,
- One-half cup of syrup,
- One teaspoon of baking soda,
- One tablespoon of water.
- Dissolve the baking soda in the tablespoon of water and add
- Two cups of hot water.
- Beat to mix and then let cool, add
- One-half cup of cornmeal,
- One-half cup of graham flour.
Beat to thoroughly mix and then pour in well-greased moulds and cover and steam or boil for one and one-half hours. Remove the cover and place in a slow oven for twenty minutes to dry out. A one-pound coffee can makes a splendid mould.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss