Wash individual PUDDING cloths in warm water and then rub with shortening and dust slightly with flour. Now place in a bowl
- One cup of sugar,
- One and one-half cups of flour,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- Three level teaspoons of baking powder,
- One-half cup of fine bread crumbs,
- One egg,
- One cup of milk,
- Two cups of stoned cherries.
Mix and then place one cooking spoon of the mixture into each prepared dumpling cloth. Tie loosely and then plunge into boiling water and cook for twenty minutes. Lift into the colander and let drain for three minutes and then serve with stewed cherries for Sauce.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss