Use two cups of mince prepared from the skin, giblets and meat from the carcass.
- One and one-half cups of cold cooked oatmeal,
- One onion, grated,
- One-half teaspoon of powdered thyme,
- One-half teaspoon mustard,
- Three teaspoons of salt,
- One and one-half teaspoons of paprika,
- Two green peppers chopped fine,
- Four tablespoons of CHICKEN fat,
- One egg,
- One-half cup of CHICKEN stock.
Mix thoroughly and then pour into a well-greased and floured loaf-shaped pan. Set this pan in a larger one Containing hot water. Bake in a moderate oven for one and one-quarter hours. Serve hot with a cream, tomato or brown Sauce, or serve cold with a garnish of asparagus and with Hollandaise, mayonnaise or cream horseradish Sauce.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss