- 2 level tablespoonfuls of butter,
- 1 level tablespoonful of flour,
- Pinch of salt,
- 1 cup of boiling water,
- 1 square of Baker’s Chocolate,
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla.
Melt butter in Saucepan, add dry flour and salt and mix until smooth, then add slowly the hot water, beating well. Add the square of chocolate and sugar and stir until melted. Add vanilla, just before serving.
Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made
Candy Recipes, by Miss Parloa (Year 1909)