- 1 pint clams 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water 2 cups hot milk
- 1 slice onion 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon soda 2 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
Remove necks and gills from clams, and chop fine; simmer with the soft part of clams, water, and onion for fifteen minutes; add soda and seasonings; thicken the milk with the butter and flour cooked together; add to clams, sprinkle with parsley, and serve at once.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)