Use four cherrystone clams for each service. Prepare a cocktail Sauce as follows:
- One cup of canned tomatoes,
- One leek, chopped fine,
- One onion, chopped fine,
- Pinch of thyme,
- Pinch of cloves,
- One-half teaspoon of mustard,
- One-half cup of water.
- Cook for fifteen minutes, cool and then rub through a sieve and add
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce.
Mix and then divide into four portions.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss