Mince six clams fine and then place in a bowl and add sufficient milk to the clam juice to make one and one-half cups. Pour over minced clams and add
- Two and one-quarter cups of flour,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of pepper,
- One well-beaten egg,
- Two tablespoons of baking powder (level),
- One tablespoon of grated onion,
- Three tablespoons of finely minced parsley.
Beat to a smooth batter and then fry in deep fat.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss