Mince one dozen large clams fine and then drain free of the liquid. Measure the liquid and add sufficient milk to measure one and one-half cups. Place in a bowl and add
- One egg,
- Two teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- Two tablespoons of grated onion,
- Four tablespoons of finely chopped parsley,
- One tablespoon of shortening,
- One teaspoon of sugar,
- The minced clams,
- Two cups of sifted flour,
- Four level teaspoons of baking powder.
Beat hard and then fry in very hot fat in shallow pan.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss