- 2 cups or 1 pint of sifted flour,
- 3 level teaspoonfuls of baking powder,
- ½ a teaspoonful of salt,
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of Baker’s Cocoa,
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of butter or lard,
- 2/3 a cup of milk or enough to make a firm but not a stiff dough.
Sift all the dry ingredients together, rub in the butter with the tips of the fingers. Stir in the required amount of milk. Turn out on slightly floured board, roll or pat out the desired thickness, place close together in pan and bake in very hot oven ten or fifteen minutes.
Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made
Candy Recipes, by Miss Parloa (Year 1909)