- 1 cup of milk,
- 1 pinch of salt,
- 3 level tablespoonfuls of flour, softened in a little cold milk.
- 2 level tablespoonfuls of butter,
- 4 level tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- Yolks of 4 eggs,
- 1 teaspoonful of vanilla,
- 1 cup of shredded cocoanut,
- Whites of 4 eggs.
Heat milk, add salt and flour and cook ten minutes after it has thickened. Mix together, butter, sugar and yolks of eggs. Pour hot mixture over, stirring well and set aside to cool. Add vanilla and cocoanut. Lastly fold in the stiffly beaten whites of the eggs.
Bake in buttered pan, in moderate oven until firm. Serve hot with Chocolate Sauce. Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made
Candy Recipes, by Miss Parloa (Year 1909)