- 1/3 cup half-inch cubes salt pork 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 onion sliced ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 cups boiling water 1 can corn chopped
- 3 cups thinly sliced POTATOES 2 cups hot milk
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt 6 common crackers split
Cook salt pork and onion together slowly for ten minutes; add boiling water, and strain into chowder kettle; add POTATOES and seasonings, and cook about fifteen minutes or until POTATOES are tender; put corn into a strainer,[Pg 44] drain the juice into the kettle, and chop the corn, using finest cutter; add to chowder; add hot milk and crackers; and cook five minutes. The bits of pork and onion may be left in the chowder if desired.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)