Place in a Saucepan
- One and one-half cups of milk,
- Six level tablespoons of flour.
- Stir to blend. Bring to a boil and cook for three minutes. Now add
- One and one-half cups of CRAB meat,
- One green pepper minced fine,
- One onion, grated,
- One teaspoon of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- Grated rind of one-quarter lemon,
- Juice of one lemon,
- Two tablespoons of butter.
Toss gently, cooking until well heated. Serve in individual ramekins or small CUSTARD cups, dusting with paprika.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss