Place in a bowl
- Two cups thick CREAM Sauce,
- One and one-quarter cups CRAB meat,
- One onion grated,
- Three tablespoons finely minced parsley,
- One and one-half teaspoons salt,
- One-half teaspoon white pepper,
- One-half teaspoon paprika.
Mix with fork, turn into au gratin dish, sprinkle the top with fine bread crumbs, dot with bits of butter and then sprinkle two tablespoons grated cheese and bake in a moderate oven thirty-five minutes.
To prepare CREAM Sauce for à la King and au gratin dishes, use four level tablespoons flour to each cup milk.
Dissolve flour in cold milk, bring to boil, cook two minutes; it is then ready for use.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss