Pare and grate one large cucumber, and then place in a Saucepan and add
- One cup of cold water,
- One tablespoon of grated onion.
- Bring to a boil and cook slowly for ten minutes. Rub through a fine sieve and add
- Four cups of milk,
- Six tablespoons of flour.
Stir to dissolve the flour, and then bring to a boil and cook slowly for five minutes. Now add
- One teaspoon of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of paprika,
- One quarter green pepper, chopped fine,
- One tablespoon of butter,
Beat hard to mix.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss