- One cup of molasses,
- One-half cup of brown sugar,
- Six tablespoons of shortening,
- Two teaspoons of cinnamon,
- One-half teaspoon of ginger,
- One-half teaspoon of allspice,
- One egg,
- Two and one-half cups of coarse bread crumbs and sufficient flour to make a very stiff mixture.
- Five tablespoons of sour milk.Beat to mix and then add
Drop by the spoonful on well-greased baking sheet, three inches apart. Bake in a moderate oven for ten minutes.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss