Make a cream Sauce by placing in a Saucepan
- One cup of milk,
- Five level tablespoons of flour.
Stir with a wire spoon or fork until the flour is dissolved in the milk and then bring to a boil. Stir constantly and cook for five minutes after it reaches the boiling point. Then add
- One cup of crab meat,
- One tablespoon of grated onion,
- One tablespoon of finely minced parsley,
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One-half teaspoon of mustard.
Mix thoroughly and then fill into the crab shells, filling the shell slightly above the level. Dust lightly with flour and then brush with beaten egg and cover with fine bread crumbs. Fry until golden brown in hot fat. The crabs may be prepared earlier in the day and then reheated for serving.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss