Hard boil two eggs and then remove the shells and cut open the length of the egg. Remove the yolks and then rub through a fine sieve and add
- One-half teaspoon of mustard,
- One-quarter teaspoon of paprika,
- One teaspoon of grated onion,
- One teaspoon of finely minced parsley,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- Three tablespoons of mayonnaise.
Mix well and then form into balls, placing one ball in the place in the white of the egg, which had been left by the yolk. Now place each white or one-half egg in the nest of lettuce and place around the egg
- Six cooked string beans,
- One slice of tomato, cut in two,
- Two thin slices of onion,
and garnish with two tablespoons of Russian Dressing.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss