Boil one egg hard for each person, cut in half, cutting the length of the egg. Rub the yolks through a fine sieve into a bowl and then add to every six EGGS
- One-half cup of finely chopped ham,
- One onion, grated,
- One green pepper, chopped fine,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One-half teaspoon of mustard,
- Six tablespoons of mayonnaise Dressing.
Mix and then fill back into the whites of the EGGS. Mould up very high and then roll in finely grated cheese and dust with paprika. Roll in wax-paper. Set in ice-box until ready to serve.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss