Place in a mixing bowl
- Two cups of flaked cold FISH,
- One and one-half cups of prepared stale bread,
- Two onions grated,
- Four tablespoons of finely chopped parsley,
- One tablespoon of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce,
- One-half teaspoon of mustard,
- One well-beaten egg.
Mix thoroughly and then shape into cutlets. Roll in flour and then dip in beaten egg, and then into fine bread crumbs. Fry in hot fat.
To prepare the bread, soak stale bread in warm water until soft. Place in a cloth and then squeeze until very dry; then rub through a colander to remove the lumps.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss