- Two cups of cold boiled FISH,
- One cup of prepared bread crumbs,
- One cup of thick cream Sauce,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- Two teaspoons of grated onions,
- One green pepper, minced fine,
- One well-beaten egg.
Mix and then pack into the prepared loaf-shaped pan. Stand this pan in a larger one Containing hot water. Bake in a moderate oven for fifty minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for a few minutes. Then unmould on a hot platter and serve with creole Sauce.
To prepare the crumbs, soak stale bread in cold water; then place in a cloth and squeeze dry. Rub through a fine sieve and then measure.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss
To prepare the pan, grease the pan and then line it with a greased and floured paper.