- Two cupfuls of water, 80 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Four tablespoonfuls of syrup,
- Two tablespoonfuls of sugar,
- Two teaspoonfuls of salt.
Stir until dissolved and then crumble in one yeast cake, dissolve thoroughly, and then add
- Four cupfuls of white flour,
- Three and one-half cupfuls of graham flour,
- Three tablespoonfuls of shortening.
Work to a dough and then proceed as in the straight dough method.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss