Place three tablespoons of vegetable cooking oil in a frying pan and add four tablespoons of well-washed rice. Toss until the rice is well brown and then add
- One and one-half cups of boiling water,
- Three onions, chopped fine,
- One green pepper, chopped fine,
- One cup of strained canned tomatoes.
- Cook until the rice is soft and then add
- Two teaspoons of salt,
- One and one-half teaspoons of paprika,
- One-half cup of grated cheese.
Stir until well blended and then serve, garnished with finely chopped parsley.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss