- ½ package gelatine 1 cup celery shredded
- ½ cup cold water ½ cup nut meats chopped
- 1 cup boiling water Lettuce
- ¼ cup sugar 6 pimolas sliced
- ¼ cup lemon juice Mayonnaise
- 2 cups apple chopped
Soak gelatine in cold water five minutes, add boiling water, sugar, and lemon juice; chill until it begins to stiffen; add apples, celery, and nuts; turn into individual molds, and chill. Serve on lettuce, and garnish with pimolas and mayonnaise.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)