- 6 LAMBs’ kidneys ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups boiling water ½ teaspoon onion juice
- 1½ tablespoons butter 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3 tablespoons flour Few drops kitchen bouquet
- ½ teaspoon salt 6 slices of toast
Split kidneys and soak in cold water half an hour; drain; cover with boiling water, and simmer five minutes; skim out of water, and cut in small dice; brown the butter, add the flour, and brown well; add the water in which the kidneys were cooked, and stir until smooth; add kidneys and seasonings, and serve on toast.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)