Heat three-quarters cup of milk to the scalding point and then add
- One tablespoon of butter,
- Five tablespoons of sugar.
Pour over one-half cup of fine bread crumbs and then cool, and add
- Yolk of one egg,
- Juice of one-half lemon,
- Grated rind of one-quarter lemon,
- One-quarter cup of water.
Mix thoroughly before adding to the scalded bread crumbs. Pour into a small baking dish and bake in a moderate oven for twenty minutes.
Make a fruit whip of
- One-half glass of apple jelly,
- White of one egg.
Beat until mixture will hold its shape. Pile on PUDDING and brown in the oven for five minutes. Set aside to cool.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss