Cook one package of MACARONI in a large kettle of boiling water for twenty minutes and then drain and pour over the MACARONI a pan of cold water. Drain again. Now return to the kettle and add
- One-half can of tomatoes,
- Two teaspoons of salt,
- One and one-half teaspoons of paprika,
- One-fourth pound of cheese, cut in small pieces,
- Eight tablespoons of flour dissolved in
- One-half cup of water,
- Four onions, chopped fine.
Bring to a boil and cook slowly for ten minutes.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss