- ¼ a cup of butter,
- 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup of milk,
- 2 cups of bread flour,
- 3 teaspoonfuls of baking powder,
- ½ teaspoonful of vanilla,
- 2 squares of chocolate, melted,
- ½ a cup of powdered sugar,
- 2/3 a cup of almonds blanched and shredded.
Cream the butter, add gradually one and one-half cups of sugar, and egg unbeaten; when well mixed, add two-thirds milk, flour mixed and sifted with baking powder, and vanilla. To melted chocolate add one-third a cup of powdered sugar, place on range, add gradually remaining milk, and cook until smooth. Cool slightly and add to CAKE mixture. Bake fifteen to twenty minutes in round layer-CAKE pans. Put between layers and on top of CAKE White Mountain Cream sprinkled with almonds.—From Boston Cooking School Cook Book—Fannie Merritt Farmer.
Chocolate and Cocoa Recipes and Home Made
Candy Recipes, by Miss Parloa (Year 1909)