Use olive meats for this. Olive meats are pieces of olives cut from large olives and packed in jars. There are no stones nor waste. Place in a small bowl
- Three tablespoons of chili Sauce,
- One tablespoon of horseradish,
- One tablespoon of lemon juice,
- One-quarter cup of olive meats,
- One teaspoon of salt,
- One teaspoon of paprika,
- One tablespoon of grated onion.
Mix thoroughly and then divide into four cocktail glasses. Add three cherrystone or little-neck clams to each glass.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss