- One cupful milk,
- Two eggs,
- One and one-half cupfuls flour,
- Two teaspoonfuls baking powder,
- Two tablespoonfuls shortening,
- One-half teaspoonful nutmeg.
- Beat to mix. Now prepare
- One-half cupful of nuts, chopped very fine,
One dozen maraschino cherries, well-drained and chopped fine.
Mix well and then pour Pancake in hot pan and sprinkle with the above mixture.
Let bake and then lift. Spread with honey and dust with pulverized sugar. Roll and garnish with maraschino cherry.
Goods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss