Place in a Saucepan
- Two and one-half cups of boiling water,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt.
- Now pour in very slowly
- Three-quarters cup of yellow cornmeal.
Stir to prevent lumping and cook until very thick. Add
- Three-quarters cup of cheese, cut into fine pieces,
- One onion, chopped fine,
- One green pepper, chopped fine,
- One leek, chopped fine,
- One teaspoon of paprika.
Mix thoroughly and then pour into a large bowl to cool. Form into PIGEONSs and then roll in flour and brown in hot oil. Serve with tomato Sauce. Wheat cereal may be used to replace the cornmeal.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss