- Rub one-half cup of spinach through a sieve and then place in a bowl and add
- One cup of thick brown gravy,
- One teaspoon of grated onion,
- One teaspoon of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of paprika,
- Two tablespoons of grated cheese,
- One well-beaten egg,
- Five tablespoons of fine bread crumbs.
Mix and then pour into custard cups. Bake in a moderate oven eighteen minutes. This will replace meat for luncheon. Cream Sauce may be used instead of gravy.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss