Scald two cups of milk and then pour into a bowl and add:
- Two tablespoons of shortening,
- Three-quarters cup of sugar,
- One cup of bread crumbs,
- One-half teaspoon of salt.
- Beat to mix and then cool and add
- One cup of flour,
- One egg,
- One tablespoon of baking powder,
- One and one-half cups of prepared raspberries.
Beat to mix and then pour into a PUDDING dish and bake for forty minutes in a slow oven. Serve either hot or cold with raspberry fruit Sauce.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss