- Cook one box of raspberries with
- One-half cup of water,
- One-half cup of sugar,
Rub through the sieve to remove the seeds and then measure. Now place one and one-half cups of raspberry puree in a mixing bowl and add
- One and one-half cups of fine bread crumbs,
- One-half cup of flour,
- Two teaspoons of baking powder,
- One-half teaspoon of salt,
- One-half cup of brown sugar,
- One-half teaspoon of cinnamon,
- Two tablespoons of melted shortening,
- Yolk of one egg.
Beat to mix and then pour into well-greased PUDDING dish and bake in a moderate oven for thirty minutes. Serve with fruit Sauce made from
- White of one egg,
- One-half glass of jelly.
Beat until this mixture holds its shape. Pour over the fruit whip and a little of the leftover raspberry puree.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss