- Mince fine four ounces of salt PORK or bacon. Place in a deep kettle and add
- One cup of chopped onions,
- One-half cup of chopped sweet red peppers,
- One cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Cook slowly for ten minutes and then add one pound of FISH, bones and skin removed, FISH cut in one-inch blocks.
- Six large clams cut in pieces,
- Two cups of water.
Cover closely and then boil for twenty minutes. Now add
- One teaspoon of sweet marjoram,
- One-quarter teaspoon of thyme,
- Two and one-half cups of cream Sauce,
- One cup of cooked peas,
- One cup of cooked lima beans,
- One-half cup finely chopped parsley,
- Two tablespoons of butter,
- One tablespoon of salt,
- One and one-half teaspoons of pepper.
Heat until scalding and then serve.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss