- 1½ cups tomatoes 1½ cups cold roast beef
- 1/3 cup beef gravy 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- ½ onion ½ cup bread crumbs
- 4 cloves 2 tablespoons beef drippings
- 1 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Simmer tomatoes, gravy, and seasonings for fifteen minutes, and press through a sieve; add beef cut in small pieces, and spaghetti, and pour into a greased baking dish; cover with crumbs which have been mixed with the drippings and butter melted together. Bake in a moderate oven about fifteen minutes. A can of condensed tomato SOUP may be used in place of the tomato Sauce. Any meat may be used.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)