- 1 quart half-inch potato cubes ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 onion chopped ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat 2 canned red peppers
- 4 tablespoons flour ½ cup grated cheese
- 2 cups hot milk ½ cup buttered crumbs
Cook POTATOES and onion in boiling salted water twenty minutes, and drain; melt bacon fat, add flour, and blend[Pg 108] well; add milk and stir until smooth; add salt, paprika, peppers chopped, and cheese; mix with POTATOES; turn into a greased baking dish, cover with Buttered Crumbs, and bake fifteen minutes, or until brown.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)