- 1 tablespoon bacon fat 1 egg well beaten
- ½ green pepper chopped 1 cup milk
- 1 slice onion chopped ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can corn chopped ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons dried bread crumbs 2 slices bacon chopped fine
Cook pepper and onion in bacon fat five minutes; add corn, crumbs, egg, milk, and seasonings; pour into a greased baking dish, sprinkle with the chopped bacon, and bake in a slow oven until firm, or about twenty-five minutes.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)