Beat whites of three EGGS until stiff, then carefully cut and fold in yolks of three EGGS. Then when well blended, pour in hot frying pan Containing three tablespoons of shortening; cook slowly, shaking frequently until mixture is dry on top. Now spread with a filling prepared as follows:
Place in a bowl
- Two tablespoons grated onion,
- One-half cup of well-drained tomatoes,
- Four olives, chopped fine,
- Two tablespoons of finely minced parsley,
- One-half teaspoon of paprika.
Cook this mixture in two tablespoons of shortening until hot, spread on OMELET, fold and roll, turn on hot dish, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with finely chopped parsley.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss