Prepare spinach as for spinach à la mode and then place in a bowl and add
- One hard-boiled egg, chopped fine,
- One tablespoon of grated onion,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of pepper,
- One tablespoon of SALAD oil.
Mix thoroughly and then form into balls and dip in beaten egg, and then roll in fine bread crumbs and fry until golden brown in hot fat. Serve with LAMB chops.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss