- Make a cream Sauce, using
One and one-half cups of milk,
Seven tablespoons of flour.
- Place in a Saucepan and stir until dissolved, using a fork or wire whip. Bring to a boil. Cook slowly for five minutes and then add
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of white pepper,
- Two tablespoons of grated onion,
- Two well-beaten eggs.
Mix thoroughly and then serve with baked peppers.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss