- One cup of brown sugar,
- Four tablespoons of shortening.
- Cream well and then add
- One cup of mashed sweet POTATOES,
- One and one-half cups of flour,
- One teaspoon of baking powder,
- One-half teaspoon of nutmeg,
- Three-quarters cup of raisins,
- One egg.
Work to a smooth dough and then roll out on floured pastry board and cut one-quarter inch thick and then bake for eight minutes in a hot oven.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss