Peel and put two Spanish onions through the food chopper, using a fine knife. Place in a bowl and then pare and grate four medium-sized POTATOES into a bowl and add
- Three-quarters cup of milk,
- One egg,
- One tablespoon of syrup,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One-half teaspoon of pepper,
- Seven-eighths cup of flour,
- Two level teaspoons of baking powder,
- Two level teaspoons of shortening.
Beat to mix and then fry like Pancakes. Serve with parsley butter.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss