One cup of milk,
Five level tablespoons of cornstarch.
Place in a Saucepan and then dissolve the starch in the milk. Bring to a boil and cook for five minutes. Now add
- One and one-half cups of cooked VEAL, minced fine,
- One tablespoon of grated onion,
- Two tablespoons of finely minced parsley,
- One and one-half teaspoons of salt,
- One teaspoon of pepper,
- One tablespoon of Worcestershire Sauce.
Beat to blend well and then pour on greased platter and set in a cool place for four hours to mould. Form into croquettes and then dip in beaten egg, and then in fine bread crumbs; fry in hot fat. Serve with tomato Sauce.
Foods That Will Win The War And How To Cook Them (Year 1918)
by C. Houston Goudiss and Alberta M. Goudiss