- 4 pounds knuckle of VEAL 4 cups hot water
- 1 onion ½ package gelatine
- 1 bay leaf ¼ cup cold water
- 4 cloves Juice of 1 lemon
- 2½ teaspoons salt 1 hard-boiled egg
- ½ teaspoon pepper 2 gherkins
http://brookenasser.com/photography-2/fullsizerender-2/ Cook VEAL with seasonings in hot water until meat is very tender; strain, remove fat and bone, and chop meat; soak gelatine in cold water, add to strained stock in which meat was cooked, add meat and lemon juice, cool, and turn into deep pan which has been garnished with slices of hard-boiled egg and pickles sliced lengthwise. Put in the ice-box for several hours before serving.
http://itsageek.com/solutions/security/ Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)