- ½ cup leeks 1 cup half-inch potato cubes
- ½ cup carrots 1 cup hot milk
- 1 cup cabbage 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beef drippings ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups boiling water 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Cut leeks into slices, carrots and cabbage into small pieces, or put through the food chopper, and cook in beef drippings for ten minutes, stirring often; add boiling water and POTATOES, and cook twenty minutes, or until vegetables are tender; add milk and seasonings, and serve with croutons.
Better Meals for Less Money, by Mary Green (Year 1909)